Social event oriented singles group for single professionals
with college backgrounds, of all ages, living in Northeast Ohio.
Cleveland, Akron, Canton and now Youngstown areas.
Celebrate life as a single with us!
Alumni & Single College Students
of All Ages
from All Schools
singles with backgrounds similar to your own through an organization
especially for single people like you.
Enjoy a variety
of social events and more.
includes both young and mature professionals living in the Cleveland
and Akron Canton Ohio area. Celebrate life as a single with us!
with a college degree or college educational experience. This
group is a great professional career networking resource especially
for the active nontraditional single college student.
is not affiliated with any particular college or university.
The Coterie is an independent club. Singles from all colleges
are welcome. Your college experience does NOT need to be from
a college in Northeast Ohio.
The Coterie Home Page
The Coterie Events
The Coterie Newsletter
Get More Information by Mail
How to Become a Member
Other Membership Benefits
Meet Some Leaders
Other Areas Outside Ohio
Starting in 2005, The Coterie
offers Youngstown area
Call or email for details.
Contact us for upcoming outings
Some past Coterie Singles events:
- Art Museum outings - Cleveland Art
Museum then Dinner in Little Italy, Butler Art Institute at Youngstown
State University, Akron Art Museum
- Cleveland Indians Games, CAVS Singles
Night, Akron Aeros and other spectator sporting attractions
- Singles Night at the Ohio Ballet -
Akron Civic Theatre
- Boat rides / tours - Cleveland lakefront
and Akron Portage Lakes
- Cuyahoga Valley Steam Train Ride
- Observatory visit - Astronomy Club
- Cleveland West Side Market & Ohio
City's "Open Air in Market Square"
- HOLIDAY PARTY - Largest Special Event
- Dinner out for Amish Style Cooking
- Great Lakes Science Center in Cleveland
- Brunch at the Mustard Seed in Montrose
- Dinner and Dancing out in Independence,
Canton and other areas
- Picnic and Concert at Blossom Music
Center - July 4th - A favorite summer outing for many!
- Benefit walks including "Super
Cities Walk" the National MS Society Benefit and "Walktoberfest"
the American Diabetes Association Benefit and Red Cross ( Edgewater
- Dinners and Movies in Akron, Canton,
Macedonia, Lyndhurst, Montrose and other cities
- Charitable activities including hosting
bingo for residents at a nursing home.
- Dinner and Karoke
- Guest speakers on self-improvement
topics including "Stress", "Personal Finance",
"Time Management", "Relaxation", "Positive
Attitude" and "You Are What You Eat".
- Dave and Busters - Dinner and arcade
- Hardesty Park Arts Expo & Ohio
Ballet - a July event
- Dinner and Karoke - Brecksville
- Dinner and Jazz - at Jasper's in Akron
and other locations
- Stan Hywet Hall Mansion and Gardens
( Akron ) - Special Christmas Tour
- New Year's Eve - "First Night
Out" - Akron
- Canton Car Museum
- Kite Flying Expo / Picnic at Edgewater
- Nature walks in Akron ( Seiberling
Naturealm), Hinkley, Penninsula, Shaker Lakes Nature Center (
Shaker Heights ), Holden Arboretum ( Kirtland ), Whipps Ledges
( Hinkley), and other parks
- Mapleside Farms - Brunswick
- Golf - Par 3 golf, driving range, introductory
lessons and putt-putt.
- Holiday Tree Festival at Quaker Square
in Akron - Akron Children's Hospital benefit
- "Walk, explore, shop, eat"
- Historic, interesting, and nice areas like Ohio City, Tremont,
- Guest speakers on topics of general
interest including environmental issues
- Game nights - various locations - Cleveland
and Akron area
- Art Gallery outings - Don Drumm in
Akron and others
- Canal Towpath walks - Peninsula, Canal
- "Share your hobby" outings
- including outings to aviation exhibits, investment clubs and
- Dinner and coffee shop outings in Fairlawn
- Murder Mystery night - various locations
- Valentine's Day Dinner at Tangier -
- Tours / visits to interesting places
( Wineries, Terminal Tower at Cleveland Public Square, Steamship
Museum, South East Harley-Davidson, Harry London chocolate factory,
Great Lakes Brewing Company, NASA )
- Festivals - various types and locations
including the Great Lakes Medieval Faire
- Hall of Fame outings ( Rock and Roll
Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton,
and Inventure Place - Inventors Hall of Fame in Akron )
- Ice Sculpture Festivals
- Planetarium outings ( Cleveland Planetarium
at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Hoover Price Planetarium
in Canton, and the Planetarium at Youngstown State University)
- Downtown at Dusk Concert and then dinner
out - Akron Art Museum
- Skiing and optional ski lesson at Boston
Mills Ski Resort
- Canoeing and camping at Loudonville
- Guest speakers from other associations
( Big Brothers and Sisters, MADD)
- Introductory Dance Lessons ( Ballroom,
Country Western and Line Dance )
- Ice Skating - at Kent State University
and at Greenbrier Ice Rink in Parma Heights
- Tours of historic places - Hale Farm
and Village, Simon Perkins mansion, Hower House ( Akron ) , Lanternman's
Mill ( Youngstown), Century Village ( Bay Village )
- Haunted hayride
- Theater ( Carousel Dinner Theater,
Akron; Youngstown Playhouse; Greenbriar Theater in Parma Heights,
Goodyear Community Theater in Akron, Uptown Theater in Youngstown,
Beck Center in Lakewood, Willoughby Fine Arts Center, Akron Civic
- Kent State University Museum of Fashion
- Kent, Ohio
- Cleveland Art Museum followed by dinner
in Little Italy
- Historical Society museums - Historical
Society of the Western Reserve, Auto Aviation Museum, Arms Museum
in Youngstown, Frostvill Museum in Olmsted
- Introduction to Orienteering with the
North Eastern Ohio Orienteering Club - Strongsville
- Lake Erie Nature and Science Center
- Bay Village
- Lake Farmpark ( Kirtland )
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and Rain Forest
- Bus trips and road trips to Pittsburgh
area attractions ( Gateway Clipper river Luncheon Cruise / Station
Square shops / Duquesne Incline, Carnegie Science Center, and
Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water )
- Amusement park outings
- Well over 500 outings offered since
For details on upcoming outings, please
email your postal mailing address. We do not post event details
on this website unless it is a special event that we promote to
nonmembers as well as members.
Holiday Party & Dinner!
Our Largest Special Event!
Kick-off the Holidays with a
Sorry you missed the last party.
The date for the 2005 Holiday
Party is to be posted here.
The FUN begins at 3:30 and will
last all evening!
Advance Reservations / Tickets
email us at email@example.com
The Coterie - Membership Service Headquarters
P.O. Box 39 - Wadsworth - Ohio 44282-0039
Leave your name & address for Beth or Philip at
365 Ways to
Meet People in Cleveland
is reviewed as one of 365 suggestions in the book " 365 ways
to meet people in Cleveland " by Miriam Carey. The book is
more than a nice resource for meeting people because it provides
a wealth of interesting things to do in the Cleveland area. The
book includes information on some Cleveland area singles groups.
The book is not just for singles, but for anyone who could benefit
by getting out and networking in the Cleveland area. You can pick
up a copy at any major bookstore.
Find Other Singles Organizations at
where The Coterie is one of many resources listed among
other singles organizations, clubs, dances, divorce and widowed
support groups and church adult singles ministries and even speed
dating. Many are in Northeast Ohio.
For Rent - Wadsworth Municipal Airport - Wadsworth, Ohio
Door opening is approximate 39' X 9'6".
Clearspan area ( Not a T Hangar ). Call Philip 330-336-0421
Wadsworth is convienent to the Akron area and
may be your best airplane storage alternative to hangars at other
area airports such as Akron Fulton Airport, Medina County Airport
and Wayne County Airport.
House for Rent in Wadsworth, Ohio
2 bedroom house convenient to Wadsworth
square and park. Small pet considered. No smoking. Call Philip
at 330-336-0421 for further details
Advertise Here - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2000 - 2005
The Coterie, All Rights Reserved.